Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A pet peeve of mine....

Ok, my husband and I both have credit cards with a 'company whose name we will never say'. Both have zero balances, but we like to keep them in case of emergencies (like xbox 360 emergencies/spa or massage emergencies - you know that kind of emergency).

So, we frequently get calls from this 'C W N W W N S' and they want us to purchase this or that insurance, or this or that service that will automatically be billed to our card yearly! We don't need it so we always say no.

We started out by saying no politely... but now we are just jerks about it.

To add insult to injury, they now, apparently have these call centers located in some foreign country where they speak broken english.

PET PEEVE ALERT: I can not stand someone to call me who doesn't speak English!

Now, that is not the worst of it.... if you do call me and are trying to sell me X, Y, Z AND you don't speak English, don't tell me your name is JUSTIN or FRED or THOMAS! It freakin is not ! Do you think I am that stupid? Do you think that will make me want to buy your bullshit? It doesn't, actually it makes me want to make you feel like an idiot.

Typically, I lure them into some converstation, egging them on and acting like I might buy their shit and then, I start talking really fast (they can't keep up) or use words they never learned (that catches them off-guard).

But now that this has gone on for a few months, I am bored of it. Now, I am just plain ol' mean and nasty to them.

Especially when I answer the phone and there is a long ass pause..... (computer connecting), then I hear in a thick ass accent, "Michael?" - no, idiot, I am a female; I answered the phone with my female voice! So I scream back "NO!", then they usually say, "Is Michael there?" to which I scream again, "NO!" ... they just get all flustered and hang up!

Damn, I hate that!

No comments: