Sunday, December 2, 2007

What is for dinner tonite? Act III

So, Mike switched with another guy at work so instead of working daylight today, he is AGAIN 2-10! I hate that schedule. I like to eat dinner as a family, but oh well... it was nice of him to switch so that the other guy wouldn't have to work a quick turn.

Anyway, so I was stumped for dinner tonite. I talked to my mom, and I am going over there for spaghetti tonite. But this is what I was going to cook! I will probably make this tomorrow since I already defrosted the chicken! But who can pass up mom's spaghetti!

Crumby Chicken!
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 stick of butter/margarine
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 c. breadcrumbs (I use seasoned)
1/8 c. grated parmesan cheese (I use a container of grated, not the powder shaker kid)
1/8 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. grated cheddar cheese (again I grate it fresh from a block)

Melt butter w/ garlic and place in a flat bowl. Mix breadcrumbs, cheeses and pepper and put in a large ziplok baggie. Dip chicken in the garlic butter, then put in the baggie with the breadcrumb mixture and shake.

Place chicken in lightly greased baking dish, pour any extra garlic and breadcrumbs over top. Bake on 350° for about 45-55 minutes.

I serve this with steamed brocolli and cauliflower and fried rice or stuffing depending on my mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That chicken sounds great! And it's something I think my picky kids will actually eat. LOL Thanks for the recipie