Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just a day...and a Maddieism

Well today was just that... a day! Very regular and quiet. I went shopping with my cousin Cheryl for awhile, and that was fun. However, Madelyn had no nap... so that made for some interesting moments.

Here is a Maddieism for the day. We went to the grocery store, and heaven knows this is feat in and of itself! So I had Lauren in my cart in her carrier, and Cheryl had Maddie in her cart. In the check out, they always give the little ones a helium filled balloon tied loosely to a safety pop-sucker. They make a big deal out of it and ask the kid what color they want, yada yada.

So we are both loading the groceries in the car and the kids are still in the carts, and we hear Maddie with her over-dramatic tone say, "OH NO! MY BALLOON ! IT FELL DOWN!"

Of course, it did not fall down... it fell UP, and UP and UP and it was gone.

We look at her and these gigantic crocodile tears come and she can't see it anywhere... she has no clue where it went! We are pointing in the air trying to show her that it floated away and she is just sobbing. She was still holding the safety pop so, apparently the ribbon just unraveled from it and off the balloon went to balloon heaven.

Needless to say, Cheryl went in and got her another balloon. I was all ready to let her learn a lesson about being careful with things people give you and, I guess a lesson about helium balloons in general! LOL!

Luckily for Maddie, Cheryl was the hero... and brought her back another balloon - and another safety pop.

Here is a layout I did today with some great photos of Lauren rolling over! She is all over the place right now, and babbling up a storm!
I used Amy Leigh's Going in Circles Kit for this one.

Also, I got some good news today. I found out that my Beautiful Smile layout is going to be featured in the GDS newsletter! How sweet! Also, Mrs. Wresh was unable to pick the winner for the "Letter to Me" challenge. They were all so good, so emotional and heart-felt, she said she couldn't say one was better than the next. So we all got free tin templates from her. Thank you again Mrs. Wresh! It was a fun layout to do - very different from my norm - and sometimes its nice to change it up some!

No comments: