Sunday, November 25, 2007

A blog that has my undivided attention...

I hadn't realized that a good friend (originally from good ol' Pee Aye), had a blog until today. I do think I knew at one point, but you know how links get 'lost' in your 'favorites' amongst some ridiculous websites you swore would become a daily visit ! Yea, I am pretty sure that is what happened.

But today she shared with me her blog, and I read, and read, and read..... and so on, and so forth.

All I could think was WOW! Not that I didn't think she was smart before, because of course she is smart... she is MY friend after all, but she really has a gift of thinking things through and writing in a way that has captured my attention. Probably because I think like she does, and vice versa.

Today's blog entitled, "Spendthrift" really has my mind going. I am not going to give you a run down, read it. But my thoughts are turning inward. I am so guilty of this mindless spending! I have always prided myself on NOT being a 'keeping up with the Joneses' kind of person, but in personal reflection, I am just that.

I often find myself in daydreams of a bigger house and more 'things'; things that are probably similar to things I already own, I just want new ones or different ones. Things are really important.

Similarly but no doubt less evil, I desperately desire MORE ROOM in my current home. It is for mere sanity, this I promise. But I so long to entertain people in my house, and we just don't have a lot of space. I love my house, I just want it to be bigger so that I can't enjoy it more with friends and family inside!

And on a side note, her blog makes my blog look ridiculous, selfish and very unintellectual! I hope that I gave her a chuckle while reading my blog !

No comments: