Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fond holiday memories from my childhood.......

I was chatting with a childhood friend on myspace for a few minutes today, but I have to say that anytime I talk with old buds, I am flooded with memories of them.

So, today, I was remembering the very elaborate haunted houses we used stage in Faye's parents basement. I was only able to do this a few years, but her and her brother did it every year religiously, if I remember correctly.

When I say elaborate, I mean various rooms were created using string and sheets, costumes were made and with the haunted house was equipped with strobe lighting and us forcing people to put their hands in bowls with jello and bouncy balls and telling them they were eyeballs, LOL!

I can only imagine the clean up required when all was said and done !

Another memory that has been lingering close lately was the things we did with the girl scouts. I remember at Christmas time, we used to go carolling at nursing homes. I really can't wait for my girls to be old enough to do this kind of thing. I remember how good it felt afterwards, and seeing the little old ladies and making them smile.

No comments: