Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New job

Well, I am now the proud owner of yet another jobby job to add to my collection. Seriously, I do have a lot of things going on, but never at the same time. I like to spread my shit out so that all can get a piece of this........

Ok, enough of that talk....

Seriously though, this is going to be great (I hope)... I told them I would think about it for a day or so before committing, but I am pretty sure I am going to do it.

I will be an online teacher for students who need tutoring or help after school. It is a great program free to any student in America who goes to a school who hasn't reached AYP (annual yearly progress) under the NCLB (No Child Left Behind) Act. Of course, they have to have access to a computer, and be willing to commit to a time to be online connected with a teacher, with both a interactive notebook/pen, headset and mic. Hmmmm, well, I guess that leaves out the majority of my 'urban' kids.

But, I can't NOT take a job just because of that, so I think I am going to do it. No lesson planning, just being available for answering questions and helping them out ! Its only going to be about 10-15 hours a week, and I am online anyway! I may as well be earning money and a new blurb on my already-too-many-pages long resume. But resumes are a topic for another entire post (maybe tomorrow).

I am still awaiting CCAC's schedule for next semester, and I can't commit to any times for tutoring until I know when they have placed my courses. I am hoping to have a few classes really roll this time because its easy money, and I love teaching computers at the college level.

We shall see I suppose, I will keep you posted.

No comments: