Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving thanks for a lot!


I know I haven't blogged in a few days, but I have been a big busy. Christmas shopping is almost done. I have a few more small things to get for Maddie and Lauren, but I am pretty much done with everything big! Maddie is very excited about Santa, so this year is going to be so fun! I am sorry if I am repeating this from a previous blog, but she said she can't wait to see him so she can give him a "big hug and say nice to meet you". Lauren, well, she hasn't a little clue but she is a happy little peanut !

Mike and I decided we are going for the XBOX 360 Pro for ourselves for Christmas. I really don't want or need anything currently (except an entire new wardrobe since my weight is still on the downward plunge). But no point in buying that until it evens off some. Anyway, we are pumped about it!!! Guitar Hero III, Call of Duty for him and Tetris and Zuma for me... can't lose!

Thanksgiving was great! Went up to my sister in laws for dinner number one, and then to my mom's for dinner number two. Of course, I helped to make the 'signature stuffing' at my mom's so it was kick ass! Deana made a killer dessert that was to die for - Death by Chocolate.

I have to say, I have so much to be thankful for. I have amazing family, a husband who is the sweetest, kindest man on two legs, two girls who are funny, sensitive and sweet, a great career, very close and caring friends, everyone is healthy, forgiving, sincere and thoughtful of one another. Ultimately, I am very blessed, and I know it.

I still wish I could hit the powerball, but that is another story!

I, of course, took a picture with my mom's camera on Thanksgiving that has a bizarre shadow/light/orb looking figure on it. I know it was my gramma just hanging around. Probably making sure my mom made cole slaw (even though she and my Aunt are the only ones who eat it). I still miss her so much on the holidays, and I did take comfort in seeing that picture knowing in the back of my mind it was probably her. I don't have that picture yet, but will upload when my mom sends it to me.

Here is a picture of the girls' from Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: