Sunday, November 25, 2007

Purse party

Last weekend, I told Becky I would go with her to a Pampered Chef party. I do love their stuff, but the primary reason I agreed to go is because I have, over the years, drug her everywhere when I didn't want to go alone. Needless to say, I had to return the favor to her even though I really didn't feel like going.

To be honest, when it comes to going anywhere anymore... I usually don't feel like going. It's not the going though... it's the getting ready and getting there. I always have a good time once I get there! AH, but I digress!

So, we had a great time at the Pampered Chef party. I even talked Becky into booking one so that I can get all the stuff I want! I would rather she (or I) get the credits for it, if you KWIM?

This lady comes in and says that two doors up is a purse party. I have heard the term 'purse party' before, but was never in attendance at one yet! Basically, its a shitload of knockoffs (RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!) so I am putting my shoes on, with the quickness... to run up there and book a purse party! The scoop is that these ladies drive to NYC and buy them, bring them back here mark them up $10-15 bucks a piece and sell them at parties.

When I get there, I told the two ladies having the party that I had no cash on me (they only take cash), but that I wanted to book a party. She says thats great and to check out her stuff. Man, she had everything from Chanel, D&B, Coach, Kate Spade, Prada... you freakin name it. Bags, wallets, umbrellas.... everything! All between $20-80 bucks! I am thinking, this is a dream! JACKPOT!

I was sooo stoked that I was booking this thing! So, I head to the kitchen to give them my contact info. There were two ladies having the party. I don't know I guess they work as a team or something.... who knows.

I start to give them my information, the one lady was like ok, but I am not sure where that is. The other lady, didn't even listen and said "Nope, thats too far! We try to stay in the South Hills"... well, I live in the South Hills... so I tell her this. She then says, "Well, we don't like to go much past Peters Township"... so again I said, "My township is attached to Peters!" But she seems like stubborn, and not wanting my business. I am getting pissed. I asked if they lived around the area where the pampered chef party was held. They said that, get this, they live in VIRGINIA! So, you will drive to NYC for the freakin purses, you will drive to Findleyville to give the party... but you won't drive to my township? Getting even more pissed!

So, finally I say to her... "You know what, how about I give you my information, you google me, and let me know!".

When I got home, I was still burning with anger. Mostly because I wanted the freakin purses, but also because they would seriously made a boatload of money from me and my friends and family! Their loss, but I still have no purse ladies! So my loss too!!!

I called my sister in law, because somewhere in my memory, I remember hearing her talk about a purse party. I don't know why, I just assumed we were talking big money ones though. She checked it out and she knows someone who has a purse lady!!! Her prices are comparable as well!

So, screw you PURSE PARTY NAZIs! I got my own freakin purse lady. Hell, I might even become a freakin purse lady, so you can kiss the ENTIRE SOUTH HILLS AREA GOODBYE!

Ahhh, I feel so much better after having gotten that out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really want to have a knockoff purse party. Can you give me any names/numbers of purse people? I can't find any consultants! My email is kacie2320@aim.com
THANK YOU SO MUCH!