Sunday, December 30, 2007

Aero and Smarties from Canada

Recently, I received my 'secret santa' present from my pal in Canada. Every year my May mommy buds do an exchange and while typically it is 'all about the kids', for Christmas the mommies exchange presents and we put an ornament or small toy in the package for the kids.

I always get the most amazing gifts in this exchange! I also put alot of thought into the gift I send for this exchange. This year I had Ally.

Ally is one of the mommies who came for the outlet shopping-fest in November, which was AWESOME! It was the first time we had met in person! I had a blast shopping for her. She is so hardworking! She is a trauma-care nurse in her hometown and she puts in some LONG ASS hours. She is a great mommy and wife, and still finds time to be a great friend to alot of people!

I got her some 'time for her' stuff including a creme brulee set with cookbook, torch and ramacans. A few 'ahem' cocktail mixes! I got her son a toy for the bathtub! I hope she loves them! It just so happens that Ally is from Canada. So, I was praying it would get there on time.

My Secret Santa was also from Canada! Her name is Erin, and she is also a nurse, hardworker, great mommy, and so funny! She sent me an amazing gift! A super, soft blanket that is creme colored and is quite possibly the softest thing I have ever felt, a Christmas candle that smells like a vanilla wafer, a book by my favorite author Jodi Picoult called "Keeping Faith" and two board books for Maddie. Here is the thing, she stuck some candy in the bottom of the box for me.

Ok, I didn't realize how different things were between the US and CANADA! I mean we do share a border, various lakes and rivers, the Falls and other things too! But how is it that we do not have these candies here in the States!

Smarties here in the States are little sweet/sour pill-type candies sold in little skinny packs with plastic twisted at its edges. Smarties in Canada are similar to M&M's and are made by NESTLE! What the piss! They are good, thats for sure! Different than M&M's but still yummy just the same.

BUT I AM AMAZED BY THE FOLLOWING REVELATION! We do not have the other type of candy that Erin put in my bag here ! They are called Aero's. OMG, talk about a little piece of frothy chocolate heaven ! It tastes SO good, and it is similar to chocolate puffed with air. WOW!

Seriously, I am considering writing a congressman about why we do not have this in the States. I mean, what is up! Nestle makes both of these so why do we not have it! I am pissed, and am thinking I will have to send money to Erin so she can send me an entire bag of these. I could stick them in my freezer and take them out only in case of emergency!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sister.....I found this for you :D

http://www.candydirect.com/search.php?keywords=aero