Saturday, December 29, 2007

Catch up

Well, it has been awhile (by my standards) since I last posted a blog. There is a lot to catch up on, but I will try to keep my stories short and sweet.


Christmas was incredible, beyond my expectations. Madelyn was amazed, dumbfounded and overjoyed to find Santa had left her presents under our tree. Santa was pretty damn good to her this year, let me say!


I find, and this is just my opinion, that the earlier I start shopping for Christmas, the more I buy. So, since I started early, there was WAY too much stuff for her. And of course, she wanted to play with everything the second she opened it. So that made for a difficult time. I had to tell her no, and that we were going to open all the presents before we played with anything, and she didn't dig that at all. Understandably, and that is one thing I do hate, but we are so busy running around all day on all the holidays. It often makes for a very long, tiring day.


Lauren, poor little Lauren. She hadn't a clue what was going on. She was happy, as she usually is! It was thrilling to watch her just smiling away as Maddie opened all the presents.

Madelyn and Lauren both got alot of awesome toys and clothes from Santa! But they do have some favorites! Madelyn loves her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lucky Ducks Game, Baby dolls, Dress up trunk and Alice doll. Lauren loves her Jack in the box, and her gummy rattles that are finally light enough for her to hold and chew on (poor baby's gums!).

Maddie got a marching band set from her Cousin Allen! HOW KIND OF HIM (yes, I was shouting!). She does love it! She also got the Rose Petal Cottage from Mimi, but it hasn't been assembled yet, so she doesn't know really about it yet. From Cheryl she got a Care Bear which she sleeps with and a really cool Elephant game.

Cheryl also got Lauren little baby UGGS, and an outfit to match them! OMG, they are the cutest! Aunt Bee got Lauren little tiny stuffed Pooh characters that she can grasp. They are so soft, she just hugs them and loves them!

Overall, we had an incredible Christmas. The kids got so much stuff!

Oh, Mike got an XBOX, in case you missed that in an earlier post. I gave it to him early so he could play it during his vacation time in early December. He also got a blanket and a Steelers AFC Champions t-shirt from me. My parents got him Madden 08, and my sister and Brett got him Scrubs season 2 on DVD. That is just as much a gift for me as it is for him!

Here is an overview of what I got: beautiful diamond earrings, aromatherapy, slippers, jammies, season six of Scrubs on DVD, a CSI computer game, clothes and best of all A BELGIAN WAFFLE MAKER that flips! That is what I asked for, not sarcasm.

Mikes parents got us an awesome digital photo frame. It plays music, videos, slideshows of your pictures, IT IS SOOO NEAT!

Ok, that is the Christmas wrap up - hmm, no pun intended there!

No comments: