Sunday, December 23, 2007

Friends

Everyone has them, everyone wants them, everyone needs them! They are your friends! I happen to be so lucky to have a group of women who are my friends and they are just incredible.

The crew I have went through our last three years of college together.
Every SINGLE day, every SINGLE project, every single minute I was in class... I was with my crew!

We went through everything together: every psycho teacher, every ridiculous project, every lesson plan, every nail biting test (especially Briscoe!), the dreaded, blasted PRAXIS exams, student teaching, successes, failures, babies, weddings and then, who can forget, graduation !

Well since graduation, we rarely get to see each other. Most of us talk on the phone, or try to, at least once a week or two. We do try to get together more often, but it is hard with such a large group of people. Not to mention, we all have VASTLY different lives. Some of us have been married for awhile, some are just now newly engaged (YEA EMILY and JASON!), some of us had babies in college (whoops!), some of us have GRANDCHILDREN! Some are subbing, some are working two and three jobs, some are contracted with schools, some are in grad school.

We are so diverse, yet what we share is so powerful and grand. Having gone through such major events with one another has connected us on such a deep scale it is hard to imagine life without them. Although we don't see each other as much as we would like, none is more than a phone call or desperation cry away.

We just love each other and cherish the time we spend together. We know how lucky we are to have such a large group of closeness, and we know its rare so we hold it with both hands very, very tightly.

Since college for us ended I, for one, have felt some growing pains being seperated from this group. It was such a strong force in my life for three years, and now that we are AS TOGETHER as we once we were, I definitely felt a loss of sorts. But I have grown into the now, and that makes me so grateful for the times we do have.

And so, to my Ladies, I raise my glass to you and thank you for being such an awesome group of women! I love and admire each of you for different things: loyalty, devotion, committment, energy, sassyness (is that a word?), humor, realism, dedication and most of all faith.

Faith in many things, but mostly each other. Merry Christmas CCAC - - EYE YOU PEE !

No comments: