Thursday, January 3, 2008

Perfectionism...

It is a nasty, nasty thing to be a perfectionist. It is ridiculous, like an addiction of some sort. I wish there were some sort of program because seriously, I will be up all night for the next few nights thinking about this, dreaming about it, possibly even getting up over it.

I joined a contest over at godigitalscrapbooking.com that over 160 people are participating in. Why, do you ask? Because I am an idiot! I realize that I am not going to win this contest, but it will be enough to send me into a frenzy for a few days. God forbid, if I make it to the next round (GOODNESS, I may have to be tranquilized or something.)

I am excited about it, and it is a ton of fun, but I take everything to a dumb level that doesn't even need to be.

The idea is this. A designer gives everyone the same kit, and you have to submit a layout using ONLY that kit. The designers and moderators of the site vote, and decide who will move on to the next round. No templates allowed, no scraplifting... there are rules here!

With each round comes another kit, and another go round.

So here is the layout that I am working on. I have to submit it for the contest by 1/7 and seriously, I will be working on it until then. Tweaking and changing and modifying things to make it just so.

I would love to hear any critiques, thoughts or suggestions you may have on how I can improve my layout! I worked really hard on it so far.

No comments: