Monday, January 28, 2008

Potty training is a B****!

ATTENTION: THIS BLOG MAY CONTAIN A LITTLE TMI REGARDING THE POTTY TRAINING OF A TWO AND A HALF YEAR OLD.

Normally I wouldn't have starred out the rest of that word... but it is in the title! So, I have been potty training Madelyn for about three months now. For the most part, she gets it. But about a month ago she started having some constipation/hard stool issues where it really hurt her to go. So, now that it has been resolved, she is still a little nervous about pooping - I guess because she is afraid its going to hurt again. Poor girl.

Well, I am sick to death of buying pull-ups. I want this girl in them only when she sleeps, so this morning... I asked her if she was ready to try the big girl underwear, and she said yes.

So far, so good... no accidents all morning and now she is napping.

Potty training is kicking my ass, and this has been the toughest thing I have had to do since becoming a parent ! Any advice from a 'been there done that' is welcomed!

No comments: