Sunday, January 13, 2008

Remembering

Now that Lauren has been with us over five months now, I find it hard to remember what it was like before we had her. What I do remember as I read my myspace blog from when I was pregnant is that I wanted to spend as much time with MJ as I could before she got here. I will copy and paste that blog at the bottom of this post so you can read it. It really captured what I was feeling, and I tried to put that emotion into the layout I did today with Beckie's Frosted Windowpanes kit.



July 12, 2007 - Thursday
My time with Maddie
Current mood: thankful
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Now that this pregnancy is coming to an end, I am hearing a clock ticking in my head. Not the kind of clock you are thinking of, I actually feel just as young as I did ten years ago. The clock is a remind that my time alone with Madelyn is coming to an end. Soon there will be two little girls that I have to share myself with.

Now, for the past week or so, I have been just staring at Madelyn trying to memorize every feature of her face: her hazel eyes, her curly hair, her long eyelashes. I have been trying to cram as much into the time I have alone with her as I can. I feel a desperation that I can't even describe. I wonder if she will remember at what it was like when it was just mommy, daddy and her.

Well, she might not, but I will.

How lucky am I to be her mom? She has been the most amazing child (of course, I am biased). She just has something special. I don't know where she got it. I do know that she got my humor :) She got her daddy's eyes. She is sensitive and loving, funny and very polite. She is not shy (not even a little bit)... not sure where she gets that from, JUST KIDDING! She is an entertainer at heart. She is such a little individual already.

So, for the next week or so, I will be eating my cheerios at the little table with her even though it hurts my ass and back! I will be dancing to the Wiggles, even though it takes all the energy I have. I will let her come into bed with me when she wakes up in the morning and watch Sesame Street, just because I like snuggling with her. I will be sneaking into her room every night after she falls asleep just to look at her precious little angelic face.

I can't wait to meet baby Lauren, but will miss my 'alone' time with Maddie Jo.

1 comment:

D said...

I'm having baby #2 in April and I feel the same way for my son. Though I am also excited for him because we are having another boy and he LOVES kids(older kids and babies, kids his age are just competition :) ). He needs a playmate here at home. The next two years will be hard for him while his brother grows big enough and skilled enough to play with him but it will be worth it.