Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Lion King

Wow, how amazing is this show, you ask?

It was absolutely incredible. This was my first time seeing this show, and you know I love a musical but this knocked my socks off.

Ok, is it me? I get so overly emotionally at shows. I teared up several times during this one. Of course at the appropriate parts, like when Mufasa died, but also at inappropriate times like the opening number. It was so electrifying and it just swept me up in the momentum!

I thought perhaps it was that I really miss being onstage. Although that is hard to admit. I know I am not my former, young, entertaining self, and probably would fall on my face either metaphorically or literally! But a few times during the show I found myself thinking back to times when it was either Becky or myself perfoming in one show or another.

But alas, I must simply get to the theater more often. Hairspray is coming - I am desperate to see it!

2 comments:

D said...

I am so glad that you got to go even with the snow day! I saw Lion King in London - we had to watch it standing room only. The tickets were cheap and it was amazing even standing in the back the whole time. It is so wonderful! I'd love to see it again seating in a seat this time. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the Lion King in London 2 years ago and I was in total awe. I was excited to see it but had no idea I'd be so amazed.
Glad you got to get out of the house! :)