Sunday, February 3, 2008

Spoke too soon...

Well, I guess I jumped the gun on the 'all on the mend' call from yesterday! Mike had to work daylight today, so I woke up to Maddie's usually knock, knock on her door to let me know she is up. I sat up and hollered for her to come on in and climb in bed with me (we snuggle while I wake up). . . . Nothing! I holler again, trying not to awaken the other bug. . . . Nothing!

So, I get up and go to her door, I turn the knob, open the door, and it hits her. She is laying on the floor. I said, "what's wrong baby?" and she said, "I need a drink of water".

I get her a drink and she climbs in my bed, and is just about asleep when the little bug wakes up (figures, right?). So, we all get up and come into the living room. She climbs on the couch and asks for a pillow and blanket and her cow!?! I felt her head, and she seemed ok, just very tired and lethargic. I asked her if she wanted waffles and she said sure... so I thought that she must just still be tired.

We have breakfast, and the morning progresses and she still doesn't wake up, doesn't want to play, just wants to lay on the couch and watch the super sleuths.

I had some laundry to fold, so I went into our bedroom and I turn around and she is laying on the floor outside my door! I asked her repeatedly if she felt ok, and her response continued to be, "Can I hold you, mommy?" - well, of course she could :( She had no fever, thank goodness.

She took a nap about 1pm and woke about 4pm - and she seemed to have a little hop in her step then. So maybe she was just tired, who knows.

We are still having the poop issues - I have to call the doc tomorrow. This seems to be dragging on a little long for my liking. I know she has an appointment coming up, but I can't watch her struggle the way she does. Plus its only putting a stigma for her on pooping on the potty... which I can't have - she is so close to being potty trained. I don't want her to regress because of this.

So, anywho the Giants won the Superbowl - whoo hooo! Well, I guess if it couldn't be the Steelers, the Giants will do. Plaxico got the game winning TD - hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that. He did shed a few tears during the post-game. So as a chick, I gotta appreciate the fact that he was sentimental about it and didn't mind showing it. We'll just say he earned a couple points back in my tally book - but he has some serious deficits to overcome before he can get back in my good graces.

Either way, I definitely didn't want to see Tom Brady up there getting that trophy AGAIN! I just don't like him. I don't know why... I just don't. Not to mention that I think the NFL swept the entire 'cheating' incident under the rug, why? Thats what I want to know... I hope Congress does decide to do some investigation as to why the NFL decided destroying evidence would be ok in this case. That doesn't even begin to touch on my feelings about this - why was the NFL so quick to be like 'its over.... we penalized the guilty - now move on' - uh, not really. And for them to say that the Pat's had no real advantage - well thats bullshit too! If there was no real advantage, they wouldn't have been penalized at all. They just didn't want any additional negative publicity for the NFL, especially after the barrage of bad press players and teams have been getting lately (i.e. the bagillion pending lawsuits and criminal charges against NFL players). I think the entire Cincinnati Bengals team is on parole, probation, doing community service or awaiting trials for one thing or another. Ah, but I digress....

If it couldn't be the Steelers... I am ok with the Giants.

By the way - the Steelers were voted, by the fans, the best decade dynasty for the 1970's team led by Terry Bradshaw... so put that in your pipe and smoke it :)

Here is a layout I did tonite using Karla's Kaleidoscope Designs' Heartfelts. There are 20 hearts in the kit, and they are so realistic. Really fun to use :) I love this layout. I was able to make my own alpha using a paper from Karla's Cupids Crush kit - then I used a painted wood action from atomic cupcake on it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Aw Rach, that's awful to hear about the sick/poo issues with MJ! I hope she feels 100% better soon and that no one else gets the ick. Nothing like spending days doing the Technicolor yawn!!