Friday, February 1, 2008

When terrible gets worse ... it looks like this.

Again, TMI Warning:
Well, I was supposed to go in to work today as the librarian, but that didn't happen. At about 2:30am, MJ woke me and climbed in my bed. She seemed ok, but I quickly heard her stomach make an unusual noise, then she started crying and said, "Mama, I have the hiccups" - I sat straight up, but it was already too late. She got sick in our bed, I rushed her into the bathroom and she was sick again. This went on ALL NIGHT. She was a mess. This was the first time as a 'little girl' that she was sick. She doesn't remember the last time she threw up because she was a baby.

So, we got about forty minutes sleep here and there because about every twenty minutes she would heave again. I felt so bad for her, she was so upset because we had to change her clothes three times and she would just cry, "I got it on my foot" or "Its on my shirt again!" She was horrified at the messes she was making even though I keep reassuring her that it was ok, and that I would take care of it.

So, this morning we had an ice storm and the school issued a two hour delay - I knew at that point that as the LIBRARIAN, it was truly no big deal that I wasn' t there for four periods of school. I called in and said that I couldn't come in because my daughter was very ill.

They were cool about it, but I still hate to leave them hanging. Unfortunately, they get the short end of the stick there.

As the day progressed, MJ refused to eat anything... her fever started to spike. We took a short nap together and my MIL kept Lauren. When she woke her fever was 103.2. I was able to get it down with some medicine drops, and she ate a bit. She seems to be perking up now, but what a mentally exhausting day.

I have been really blessed that neither of my kids have gotten really ill. Maddie has only had one emergency visit to the doctor, and one ear infection that they caught at a well-baby visit. KNOCK ON WOOD. So we really aren't used to 'sickness' in the house. I feel a little guilty because I can't help but think I brought this home last week from the Kindergarten (see previous post about Kindergarten and the little girl who got sick everywhere) and it was just laying dormant until MJ picked it up.

So, I have a layout that I did a few days ago, but was waiting for Amy Leigh's new kits to go into the store to post. Here is it.......

Credits: Amy Leigh Fennell's Metro Springtime kit available at GDS.

No comments: