Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just terrible......

Again here is the warning about TMI: If you can't deal with stories about Poo - stop reading now.
So we are all traumatized here, and I don't even know how to explain this without just saying it. Maddie can't go. She has a bad hemerhoid, and some very hard stools so she has been holding it. This, of course, makes it worse and worse... and I have promised this little girl everything but a live pony to just go poo! So, I talked with the doctor about a week or so ago, and he said to give her two tbsps. of mineral oil a day. He said for me to put it in anything that will get her to drink it. Hello, she is two... she ain't gonna drink it! So, I put it in some juice. Well, it just coats the freakin cup, she probably is getting an eighth of what she should get.

Anyway, fast forward to last night. She just would go hide, and cry and squeeze her little cheeks together until the feeling of having to 'go' went away.. but it would come back. Finally, I got some little kid suppositories from Giant Eagle. It was just as traumatic for me as it was for her, but it worked within SECONDS. I felt horrible. Her little legs shook for ten minutes afterward, and she just cried and cried. I hated it, but I held it together until I was alone.. then I cried too :(

Tonite, here we go again. She is holding it, and I can tell she just won't go on her own, she is squeezing and crying because it hurts so bad. So I told her I was going to give her 'medicine in her bum' and she said with her saddest face 'why mama?' What is my answer supposed to be there? I felt like a villian in a Disney movie! But, again, I did it. And, again... it worked within SECONDS! It was awful, but she felt better afterwards. She asked if she could go to naptime :(
What a nightmare! So, it sucks to be us right now! I can't wait for her doctors appointment. I may call Monday if it continues this way.

So, I worked on a few layouts after the kids went down.

Here are two using Beckie Wallace's Flutterbye kit. Really cute kit... who doesn't love butterflies?

I used the Pooh quote so that I could use this layout for the January Quote Challenge at GDS. It worked out because they kids had on their Pooh outfits on the day we went to Kennywood for the Alcoa summer picnic!

This next layout was done with Beckie's At the Ballet Kit, which is my favorite kit right now! ((covered in a previous post)).


Now tomorrow, we are supposed to get KILLER weather: freezing rain and some sleet. Just in time for me to drive into work. I am the librarian tomorrow - hmmm, maybe I will wear my glasses low on my nose and put my hair in a bun. I do have crazy 'nun' like shoes that librarians often wear!

2 comments:

D said...

The key is it makes her feel better afterwards! That's what you should tell her too. That is no fun though. I am not looking forward to potty training. My son potty trained - yes that will be wonderful. The training scares me. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

Oh no poor MJ! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to mommy too!
I'm so sorry she is having these issues :( Potty training is NO fun.....Roman won't even go there! Good luck and keep us posted on what the doc says girl.

PS - the layouts are adorable per usual :D Have fun tomorrow!