Saturday, March 29, 2008

Creative team news :(

I decided (begrudgingly) to step down from two of the Creative Teams that I am on, at least for now. I needed to make some adjustment in my life and it was just time. It is a necessary change right now, but perhaps I will be able to come back in the summer when school has let out. We shall see!

In the meantime, I am still scrapping and still learning to design. I have so much wonderful feedback from everyone on the kits I have created so far, and I really like it. This might be that creative outlet I have been searching for. I am working on an idea that is a spin off from UNDER MY PILLOW, but totally different. That is what I am doing today.

A few people have already suggested to me that I may be able to sell the kits, which is very complimentary since I am not sure they are 'worthy' yet. I am nervous about that, because I have heard of some designers getting flack when they turn from freebies to $$$ kits. By flack I mean, people actually telling them their kits are good enough to download for free, but not good enough to pay for. I would like to sell eventually. I have a group of people around me who I trust, and they will not steer me wrong. We will see how it plays out down the road.

On that note and going back to the whole - you are good enough for a freebie but not to buy, I have to say how much easier to be blunt like that and hurt someones feelings on the net. I think people wouldn't say HALF of the things they say if they were face to face! If you really feel that way, don't download it and go away to the many other people giving shit away. I am pretty outspoken actually, but I would NEVER intentionally hurt someone. I think most people are like that in real life, but online - that's another whole ball game. People type anonymous comments and just think they can hide behind their computers. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I am sure it will!

No comments: