Friday, March 14, 2008

I did it!

Ok, you guys know me. I don't do anything half way. There is nothing more annoying to me than not knowing how to do something. So, I have taken on the task of learning how to design my own kits. I have thrown myself at the mercy of some women I trust to steer me in the right direction !
Just for sh**s and giggles - I took a whack at making my own kit. Realize before you go scrolling down to check it out that IT IS MY FIRST KIT EVER! I bought some commercial use items, and went for it. I hope it isn't too amateur, but then again - I am, so I guess I should probably be ok with that. I am giving this away, but only only if you promise to share with me anything you made with it.

I understand that it's a small kit, but I was truly just messing around. I hope to have more in the future to share with you.
Also, since I used commercial use items to make this kit please check out my TOU, so that credit can truly be given to those designers: specifically Kim B, SAAB and Atomic Cupcake.
This is my new mini- COFFEE TALK (and if you are an SNL fan like me - you get it !)

I gave this kit to my partner-in-scrap (LOL - I totally made that up, feel free to steal it) Christie, and she made this layout. I can't even begin to describe to you how it felt to see it used. I was on cloud 9 nine all night - Thanks Christie !


Thanks for checking it out! Enjoy :) You can grab the freebie here !

4 comments:

Ladye said...

It is a very workable kit and I'll send you the link to a layout made with it after I get it downloaded. I personally like the simpler papers, because I use lots of papers in my LOs. I have tried my hand at kit making and found it just isn't my cup of tea, but I applaud anyone that takes the time to make them. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

For a first one, it's very well done! Thanks so much for sharing!

JustKelly said...

Great job Rachel :D I'm so exicted for you! Keep up the great work & can't wait to see more of your designs :D

Heather said...

Awesome job!! Good for you! I am looking for a picture to use right now!!