Friday, December 14, 2007

Rachel jacks up sayings - Part One

I really am an intelligent person, not to toot my own horn, but it's true. Although sometimes words cross my lips that I am dumbfounded by. I have a tendency to, how shall I put this, jack up commonly used sayings pretty regularly.

Today, while riding to the mall with my mom we were in a conversation in which I tried to use a pretty commonly used verse......... but instead what came out of my mouth was, "Well Mom, you know, the squeaky nail gets the glue!".... I really mean the 'squeaky wheel gets the oil', but I jacked it all up.

I knew immediately that I had totally jacked the saying up, but just tried to cover with a, 'well, you know what I mean'.... but of course, my mom erupted into laughter at which point I did too.

If nothing else, I am QUITE able to laugh at myself, do so pretty regular and actually think I am kind of funny most of the time. This was just stupid though.

But always remember kids, when you want something and no one is listening to you... the squeaky nail gets the glue !

No comments: