Monday, January 21, 2008

Accepting a challenge...

Ok, after yesterday's rut, I woke up this morning with a new attitude. I have to lift myself out the silly self-doubt, pity, depressed state that I am in. No one can do that for me; I have to do it for myself.

So, the first order of business, The 11 day diet (a/k/a fatloss4idiots). I found some information online last night about changing the way your body metabolises fat, and I am going for it. After the nightmare weigh in I had... I need to bust a move and get on it.

Second order of business, is to shift some of my focus inward. I have to do a little soul searching to find where I am going. I can't have my cake and eat it to, although I try. I can't focus on family and career wholeheartedly without one of them getting the short end of the stick. I won't allow my family or home get the short end, at least not now when my children are so small and dependent. So, I have to find the balance, but remain stimulated in education and career enough to get through. I hope that can happen once my college courses start up.

Related to above, I got a few calls last night from sub services automated system looking for subs until the end of the year. I think the contract talks and negotiations have stipulated that in order for retirees to keep their benefits they have to retire by July. This basically means all the teachers who plan to retire have just been given a big 'better do it now' by the superintendent and in turn are going to use the remainder of their sick days to finish out the year, and retire in
July. So that may bring about a great placement until the end of the year, which would be nice.

Anywho, I was looking at today's freebies on my yahoo group and I came across a blog called Being Mrs. Wresh. She has a great challenge up right now inspired by Brad Paisley's song which says, "If I could write a letter to me".... she wrote a letter to herself at 17 from the present. Wow, it is a great challenge. I am hoping to do this today. It just looks really neat. Her's was very inspiring, uplifting and just put a little jump in my step today. It definitely put me a more retrospective mood, which is what I needed after yesterdays 'down in the dumps' day.
So, check out her challenge ..... don't forget to post it at DST and link it in the comments on her blog!

Housework and scrapping are how I will be spending my day... oh yea, and I little exercise too :)

1 comment:

Kimberly Lynne Rohn Wresh said...

Oh you precious lady! Thank you so much for your kind words! And you are right...you are the only one who can take yourself to where you want to be!

You are so right to put your little ones and family first. They are all that will ever matter anyways!

Tell your Heavenly Father everything that is on your heart and He will give you everything you need!

Have a great day!

Kim Wresh