Friday, February 29, 2008

Queen of the Crop - Day one

My partner in scrapping Christie and I decided we were going take on a challenge this weekend. So we are participating in the Queen of the Crop challenge at GDS! I got a little behind with a late start, but I got more done today than I thought I would !!

First layout challenge was a prompt "Kids say the darndest things", I actually copied and pasted one of my Maddieisms right onto the journaling. I used Amy Leigh's Brilliant Blossoms for this one! Fonts: 2Peas Crazy Pooch, 2Peas Rubber Ducky.
Second layout challenge was to scrap a kid goofing off (easy enough considering the goof I live with!). I used a kit from the Sweet Shoppe by Kristin Cronin-Barrow called Paradise Bound. Alphatendress2 by Petit Moinaux, font: gigi.Third layout challenge was to scrap what I consider to be my own personal masterpiece in life.
I used Sea Spray by Beckie Wallace for this one. I really love this kit's soft warm colors. It reminds me of being at our cabin on Lake Erie! Font used was called Amura.
Fourth layout challenge was to scrap someone's favorite thing. This is Doreen Stolz's Daydreams kit, the laundry label is by Tracy Reed from the Sweet Shoppe and the font: as bold as brass.
These are the four I got done today. I may get one more done tonite- we shall see. Mike is on his way home, and I begged him to stop and get me a Wendy's cheeseburger - shame on me for eating this late, and a cheeseburger at that!

1 comment:

Christie said...

They layouts look great! QOTC is quite exhausting, you deserved a cheeseburger.Hopefully he stopped and got you one! :)