Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My rambling...

Ok, well it has been an eventful week in our house. First off, Lauren now has FOUR - yes, you read correctly - FOUR teeth. Two on the bottom and two on the top ! Holy crap. She is pretty pleasant but slobbering like crazy! She is also up on all fours and rocking. I think its absolutely hysterical that she doesn't sit on her own unassisted for more than a minute, but she is going to be crawling around within the next few weeks. She really gets going! I will see if I can get a video of it today, but here is a picture :)

On to Madelyn... well, we had a visitor on Sunday night - the 'dinky' fairy came to take her 'dinkies' away. We left the dinkies for her on the table and she took them, and left a present for MJ! She was excited for the present, but cried for the dinkies for over an hour. She actually said to me at one point, "Call her and tell her to BRING THEM BACK!" - then random waking up in the night crying and screaming for them!
Talk about a trauma! If you know me in real life, you know I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE HER A PACIFIER FROM THE JUMP. But my doctor told me it has benefits, blah - blah - blah! I knew I should have tried to take it away before she turned two, but honestly - being pregnant, I was thinking about other things. I also thought how can I take it away, then introduce a new baby with one into our home. So, I put it off - mistake !!!! I should have just taken the damn thing away before she could tell me how much she loves it!

So the last few nights in our house have been ****H E L L**** Last night was a little better, but I think its because she took NO nap yesterday. Eh, lesson learned! Here are her last moments with the dinkies :)
Mike and I got to go out to dinner by ourselves Sunday night -which rarely happens. My mom watched the girls' and we got to eat a nice hot meal :)
Now the week has started and I am just trying to patiently wait for the QOTC winners to be announced :) I am working two days this week in addition to my evening classes ! So getting things prepared is taking some time also. But I am keeping busy, and thats a good thing :)

1 comment:

Christie said...

Awww, what a great dinkie story. I know what you mean abou taking it way. I've seen through my friends how hard it can be. I've decided to start allowing binkie (as we call it) during naps and bedtime only. Then at 1 year slowly start taking it away. Eh, we'll see what happens come July. lol